Sport clubs are registered student organizations that compete in athletic contests against other club teams regionally and nationally and have strong engagement with their members, fans, and competitors. Clear and consistent association with the Iowa brand improves club recognition, creates continuity and efficiencies for their efforts each year, and allows them to build lasting affinity with their audiences.
Brand guidelines have been expanded to support their efforts and include:
- An approved club naming convention.
- Usage guidelines and visual examples for applying official club identifiers and university trademarks on competition wear, fan gear, and promotional items.
- How to incorporate league or traditional components.
- A step-by-step guide for ordering gear and apparel while following the licensing process.
- Policies and required nonendorsement and accessibility statements.