Unique graphics, illustrations, and type treatments are permitted for time-limited events, campaigns, and initiatives, or for retail services located on campus. These unique graphics must always be used within an IOWA branded environment.
- Leverage black and gold and follow color palette guidelines.
- Use official fonts for all activity communication. Other fonts can be explored for the design of the unique graphic only.
- Display the block IOWA logo separately on all activity communication and promotional items. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if the imprint area is too small.
- Use “University of Iowa” in plain text if an identifier is needed within the graphic.
- Don’t appropriate any official university logo or logo element.
- Don’t use the word “Iowa” when naming these types of campus activities and creating these graphics.This avoids redundancy within the branded environment and the temptation to appropriate the block IOWA logo or display “IOWA” in another typeface.
- Don’t treat these campus activities and unique graphics as independent brands. They exist within the context of the University of Iowa brand.
- Don’t use to represent an academic or administrative unit.
Activity and retail examples
Time-limited events, campaigns, and initiatives
- Amazing Room Contest
- Theme Semester
- One Day for Iowa
Retail services located on campus
- University Catering
- Market places
- Street Hawk Food Truck
The block IOWA logo, secondary logos, or any element of an official logo, cannot be incorporated into unique graphics. Exceptions to this rule include One Day for Iowa and OnIowa! event graphics.